He giveth and giveth and giveth again

It’s been a bit of a week! It was the first week back in full swing after Christmas which is always difficult. It’s one of those weeks that is spent trying to get back into the routine of things and getting up to date on all those little things. It has been busy to say the least!

It has also been a week full of vision and dreaming, with meetings looking ahead and God laying heavy on me an urge to think big and to start walking in it! Our church is growing and God is miraculously providing. There have been moments that have felt like the ascent at the beginning of a fairground ride. The anticipation of what might be ahead that excitement mingled with nervousness and that little bit of dread that you cant make it on your own.

It has also been a week of brokenness. There have been so many people through our doors this week screaming out for Jesus. There are people struggling with illness, grief and addiction. It really has been heartbreaking, but I am so grateful that we are able to share with them, in both words and deeds, the transforming power of Jesus  

There was one man who came in for a food voucher as he had drank away his money. When I spent time talking with him, he shared a bit of his story, and I could have cried. However, he turned to me and looked me in the eyes and said: “I have tried avarything, everything you could imagine and I am still kin this mess. I have seen people’s lives transformed, I mean turned around, really transformed by God and I think I should give it a try!”

WOW!

Over the weekend, the week became a week of reaching empty! We have been working closely with a young man not much older than me who has been battling with different mental health issues. We have tried so many ways to help him, but nothing seems to click, he just won’t help himself. This weekend included a middle of the night awakening by the police, with this lad in a right state. He was drunk and he wasn’t being pleasant. It certainly wasn’t a great night! The following day we sorted him out a bit and enabled him to go and stay with his mum for a while but by the end of it all we were exhausted, in every way! 

Having  dogs is such a blessing. Sunday afternoon as we finally got to unwind from the week we took the dogs for a walk at Moel Famau. As the wind blew the clinging problems away and the sun shone on the world below, reflecting the beauty of creation. I stopped to consider the song that had been running through my mind all day:

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.


This week has been hard but at the end of it I feel peace. I have learnt many things too. I have learnt the importance of being soaked in God’s word. I have learnt more about God’s great love for all his children and I have fallen even more in love with my husband. The last verse of that song resounds in my heart today. Thank you Jesus that to give and give and give again!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my favourite clothing company taught me all about the abundance of God!

Fixing our eyes on Jesus

Tales from the Riverbank - Singing at Midnight