Let's move some mountains!


Over the past few days I have spent some time on retreat with some fellow ministers in the Salvation Army. It has been a great time of teaching, relaxing, laughing and worshiping. It has been good taking time out of my (VERY) busy schedule and just focusing on what is important.

This morning in my War (prayer) room I was considering the testimony given at the end of the retreat. We heard great words about answered prayer, divine direction and a passion to see God moving more in our community.  One brilliant, Godly man stood up and told how God had healed him and taken him from a place with Cancer everywhere to one where they can't find any! He said if you ever want to know if prayer works, just look at me! AMEN!

I had testified about taking Joy in the Lord. That fabulous verse in Nehemiah says 'The joy of the Lord is my strength!', and I told of how God had been bringing great Joy to me in my ministry and how I believed it was strengthening me.

As I considered these thing this morning I read Mark 11 which looks at Palm Sunday. As it is coming up I thought it would be right to re-read this chapter. As I did I was struck by a story that comes after. It is the story of The cursed fig tree. It's not a story I particularly like, I feel a bit sorry for the old fig tree! But it was verse 20-23 that I thought were fab:

"20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. "

I love the fact Peter was so excited to see that God had answered prayer! It reminded me a lot of me. We pray earnestly to God for something and when he does, we are shocked! We serve a God who can do mighty things, and we can do mighty things when we call on his name. I have been writing, in the past couple of weeks, for the coming month of  Her binder project devotionals (Take a look at: http://herbinderproject.com/) and we have been looking at people who were persuaded that God would fulfill his promises to them (It is coming out for the Month of April so check them out!) Jesus Says We can move Mountains in his name if we have faith.

What Mountain are you facing today?

Money worries

Job insecurities

doubt

worry

illness

Cancer.

God can move it from you today. We just need to have faith, and joy that he will do it!  So lets start moving mountains today! Let me know what you are praying for today, as my friend yesterday showed,

Prayer changes everything!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my favourite clothing company taught me all about the abundance of God!

Fixing our eyes on Jesus

Tales from the Riverbank - Singing at Midnight