I AM

The past couple of days I have been away on retreat with other spiritual leaders from The Salvation Army across the North West England and North wales. It was a great time of fellowship and waiting on God. The retreat’s theme was ‘Beauty in chaos’ and in one of the sessions entitled ‘ beauty in chaotic me’ and we were encouraged to think about the question ‘who am I’

Who am I?

As I considered this I considered all the things I am, and I came to think of the positive and negative things that I am. I am a wife, a daughter, a step-mum, a minister, a friend etc. But I am also a coeliac, sometimes a grumpy wife, a lazy friend and a too-busy minister!!

My mind also turned to the things that I am not. I considered one of my biggest desires and the fact I am not a mum…yet! When I considered this, many feelings came rushing towards me.. Feelings of shame, guilt, loss, emptiness.

But

Then I heard a voice, the voice told me who I am, it told me I am

I AM Beloved (Jeremiah 31:3)
I AM A child of God (1 John 3:1)
I AM Delighted in (Zephaniah 3:17)
I AM Forgiven (1 Peter 2:24)
I AM Clean (Isaiah 1:18)
I AM Free! (Galatians 5:1)
I AM  a Co-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17)
I AM a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I AM Set apart (1 Peter 2:9)
I AM A sweet aroma (2 Corinthians 2:15)
I AM NEVER ALONE (Deuteronomy 31:8)
I AM A masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10)
I AM Fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)
I AM Bold (2 Corinthians 3:12)
I AM WHOLE IN CHRIST (Colossians 2:10)


Maybe today you need to cling hold to some of these truths. Maybe today you can only hear the voices telling you the things you’re not,or the things that you are that you’re not particularly proud of. Well I challenge you to listen to the voice of God and claim these verses as your own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my favourite clothing company taught me all about the abundance of God!

Fixing our eyes on Jesus

Tales from the Riverbank - Singing at Midnight