Tales from the Riverbank - Abundant God

 I have just returned from the most amazing weekend at the Riverbank, with women connected to The Salvation Army from all over the country. God’s presence was tangible, the worship was powerful and the teaching was Holy Spirit inspired. This is the third post in a series of what God spoke to me about while I was there (You can find my first post HERE or my second HERE ) If you were there too I would love to hear what God revealed to you! If you weren't there I pray that a little of the riverbank will flow into your heart and you might just sign up to join us next year!


In all honesty I arrived at Riverbank feeling pretty exhausted. As a full time minister in The Salvation Army, a ministry with women walking through infertility, a mum, a wife and many other ‘hats’ I felt a little as if I was running on empty. I came to the conference as part of the team to give to the people who were attending, but I wasn’t quite sure how I was going to do it.


In the car on the way down to the conference, as I listened to the conference playlist, I prayed that God would give me the strength to get through the weekend as I took refuge in him. As my favourite psalm, Psalm 34:8 says: 



Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.


How often do we read the first part and forget about the second half, choosing to keep going rather than take refuge in him?! Anyway God answered my prayers abundantly and I was so blessed. one of the highlights of the conference, for me, was the ministry from Tolla Doll Fisher. She shared parts of her story with us on the Friday night which resonated within me, and then on the Saturday morning, she shared some pearls of wisdom about generosity. 


Tolla encouraged us to choose to give and do it abundantly and I was reminded of Luke 6:38 that declares: 



 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. 


She then went on to explain that our weakness doesn’t render us useless when it comes to God and that God is able to do amazing things with what we don’t have. She encouraged us to give with generosity, giving good things to others abundantly. 


Tolla’s message confirmed for me, things that God had been speaking to me about who I am and the thread continued throughout the weekend (I will share all about this in my next post) 


Throughout the weekend, I chose to give abundantly while taking Refuge in him at the riverbank. However, by giving abundantly I was truly blessed. I met some amazing people and I had some fantastic Holy spirit-led conversations. God spoke to me in the most powerful ways and I had so much fun and laughter whilst doing it! 


Reflecting on the weekend and the blessing I received I have decided that I want to continue to lead an abundant life. I want to see myself in terms of abundance and the great blessings God has given to me. I know that even in my shortfall and weakness God can do amazing things, because as Tolla reminded us, Our God is Jehovah - Jireh, the provider who is always enough.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my favourite clothing company taught me all about the abundance of God!

Fixing our eyes on Jesus

Tales from the Riverbank - Singing at Midnight