Tales from the Riverbank - Testimony

 I love testimony!  My favourite psalm, Psalm 34 begins by saying:


Lord! I’m bursting with joy over what you’ve done for me!

My lips are full of perpetual praise.

I'm boasting of you and all your works,

so let all who are discouraged take heart.


For me, over the riverbank conference, testimony became the unofficial theme of the weekend, as I heard many amazing testimonies and was able to share some testimony of my own. One such person I had a beautiful moment of testimony with was the beautiful inside and out Rhiannon from Activate your life.


I was browsing the marketplace and looking at a beautiful pair of earrings, when the lady next to the stall commented that they were very similar to my tattoo. I then began to share with her the story of my tattoo and we had a brilliant conversation about how God has moved in our lives and the passion God has for the least and lost in our society. If you haven’t ever heard the story of my tattoo then I have recently recorded a podcast with my friend that shares the story and you can find it here: Barren no more Instagram (or by searching barren no more in spotify etc) or a podcast episode I have done for another podcast previously here: Sarah's Laughter



On the Friday evening we heard testimony from each of our speakers, at the 'Pecha Kucha' event. They share stories of their lives and how God had helped them through. There were those who even in the midst of great pain and difficulty shared how God has moved in their life before and know he will do it again. I loved each of the testimonies that I heard and I wanted to sit and dwell on each as they were so powerful. 


I also had some beautiful moments of testimony as I sat at the family ministries stall over the weekend. I heard women share powerful stories of how God moved in their lives and it was amazing how it strengthened and encouraged in the situations I find myself in. It reminds me of psalm 66:16 that declares:



Come and hear, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me.

Throughout the weekend, no matter who I had conversation with, I heard beautiful stories of testimony. These testimony came in the dining room, over coffee and even in the ladies loos! I can’t tell you how good it was for my soul. 


Since the conference the theme of testimony has continued. One gorgeous lady shared with me over facebook messenger testimony of how God used the conference, and in particular a bold woman, to help her to see that she is known and loved and so very special to him. She spoke of how Rachel Turner spoke into her heart and helped her rebuke the feeling that she was invisible. What a testimony! 


Testimony has power. Revelation 12:11 explains how the devil was overcame: 


They triumphed over him, by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony;


The week after the riverbank conference I spoke at another conference that was all about the power of testimony and as I sat and listened to story after story of how God has moved in people’s lives I felt my own faith grow! And that is the great power of testimony. Not only that but Revelation 19:10 says:


For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy


That means when we testify of what Jesus is doing in our life, or if we read or come into agreement with someone else’s testimony, we are saying to God ‘Do it again!’


Everybody has a story of what God is doing in their life and within it there is great power so today I encourage you to testify! Testify to the big and little things to everything that he has done. Share it with the people around you. As Psalm 22:22 says: 



‘I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will praise you.’ 


So if God worked in your life at the Riverbank, or indeed if God has ever done anything for you share it! Share it with anyone you meet!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my favourite clothing company taught me all about the abundance of God!

Fixing our eyes on Jesus

Tales from the Riverbank - Singing at Midnight