God Winks


A few weeks ago, as part of our staycation exploring Scotland, we decided to take a day trip to the Isle of Arran. The Island holds a special place in my husband’s heart and he couldn’t wait to show our daughter all the places he frequented on his childhood holidays.  In the afternoon we spent some time on a beautiful beach and as I sat listening to the sound of the sea, I had a magical moment where I could almost hear the sound of bagpipes on the breeze. However the sound continued for some time and we realized that the sound was real – there really were bagpipes playing! In fact there was a group of people doing a bagpipe display for a primary school in the local park.

My daughter absolutely loves the bagpipes and will happily watch you tube videos of them all day long! So you can imagine how excited she was to seem some in the flesh!

Later as we sat on the beach we started to talk about how, often when we are on holiday or daytrip adventures, we find there happens to be interesting or cool events that happens to be on. For example when we visited Tynemouth castle to find they had a medieval jousting tournament, when we visited a little village in Bowland to find they had an amazing vintage steam fair, when we went walking in the countryside to find a village we passed through had a morris dancing competition, when we went passed through a little Welsh seaside town for fish and chips after a long walk to find that they were having a vintage car rally… I could go on and on!

A friend of mine often talks about God winks, little things that God does to show his care and compassion for us and in our family, one of the places we have seen such fun God winks is in the area of our family adventures.

The bible is packed full of verses that shows us God cares.

John 10:10 says: 


God wants to give us an abundant life, he wants to give us blessings. He wants to show us that he loves us through hundreds of little ways…we just have to look for them. As I sat thinking about all the God winks God has given us on our family days out, I began to remember more and more

Psalm 139 is such a beautiful reminder of God’s care and compassion for us. Verses 13-16 says:

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.


God blesses us in so many ways every day…we just have to look for them. As I sat thinking about all the God winks God has given us on our family days out, I began to remember more and more I was reminded of Psalm 103:2

Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits

Today I challenge you to count your blessings. Share them with people around you…Share them with me! Let us praise the lord because he wants us to live a life full of blessings and God Winks! As proverbs 3:1-2 says:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my favourite clothing company taught me all about the abundance of God!

Fixing our eyes on Jesus

Tales from the Riverbank - Singing at Midnight